Bruno Lago (Catalyst Cloud)
A cloud web-hosting system used by the Australian government'swhole of government digital platform, GovCMS, is now available in New Zealand.
The GovCMS platform hosts almost 400 government-related websites receiving hundreds of millions of hits per month.
Global cloud managed web hosting service provider amazee.io and NZ cloud computing platform Catalyst Cloud are collaborating in the effort to offer a New Zealand based version of the open source hosting platform.
Based on Kubernetes and using amazee.ios open source hosting platform, Lagoon, and Catalyst Clouds hosting infrastructure, the solution is built to autoscale to meet demand (and to help fend off DDoS attacks) while maintaining enterprise-grade security and availability.
The Department of Internal Affairs launched its equivalent to GovCMS, theCommon Web Platform (CWP), in 2013. The contract, which had been due to be renewed this month, has been extended for one more year and now expires next September.
Catalyst Cloud said the partnership offered a compelling alternative to hosting solutions provided by the "big names in the business" without a local presence for organisations concerned about data sovereignty.
Lagoon, which claims to be the only fully open source hosting platform of its kind in the world,comes with a 99.9 per cent-plus up-time guarantee.
The platform also features its own content delivery network, providing both a response to peaking demand and a further defence against DDoS.
Customers can host in a multi-tenant environment or in their own dedicated cluster.
Lagoon supports Drupal, Silverstripe, WordPress, Laravel, Node.JS, and most other content management systems.
Sites hosted by amazee.io maintained their stability through the COVID-19 online surge thanks to Lagoons ability to autoscale their hosting infrastructure, Catalyst Cloud said.
Data privacy, security, speed and platform scalability are undeniably the highest-ranked requirements of today's enterprises and organisations, said Franz Karlsberger, CEO of amazee.io.
Partnering and innovating with Catalyst Cloud in New Zealand gives local companies and government-related agencies the opportunity to host their applications and data in New Zealand on a fully managed, enterprise-grade, highly secure, scalable container- based platform."
New releases of code are made to Lagoon monthly and the full codebase is maintained on GitHub, so developers have complete insight into releases, configuration and architecture, and can contribute to features, discussions and documentation.
This helps with issue debugging, prevents vendor lock-in and provides insight into future development, the partners said. Twenty-four hour monitoring and chat support was available directly from amazee.ios systems engineers.
Catalyst Clouds managing director, Bruno Lago, said amazee.io's expertise and world-leading platform, and Catalyst Cloud's state-of-the-art infrastructure and true cloud services, were a winning combination.
"The web hosting solution also allows data to be stored securely in Aotearoa, protected by New Zealand law and data privacy regulations, in datacentres powered by companies generating renewable energy."
Error: Please check your email address.
Tags web hostingcommon web platformGovCMSCatalyst CloudAmazee.ioLagoon
Read the original here:
- Qovery lets you deploy your application without managing your cloud infrastructure - TechCrunch - September 12th, 2020
- Computer Guidance Corporation Announces Rapid Growth in Cloud Hosting in FY2020 - PR Web - September 12th, 2020
- The Future Is in the Cloud... And There's No Turning Back - DailyWealth - September 12th, 2020
- Upland Software to Participate in Jefferies Software Virtual Conference - Web Hosting | Cloud Computing | Datacenter | Domain News - Daily Host News - September 12th, 2020
- Not Just in the Cloud: Serverless in Your Own Data Center - Data Center Knowledge - September 12th, 2020
- Nimble In The Cloud The Office Of The Future - Forbes Africa - September 12th, 2020
- Health Care Cloud and Hosting Market Report, History and Forecast 2015-2025, Breakdown Data by Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types and Application -... - September 12th, 2020
- Where to Invest $5,000 Right Now - Motley Fool - September 12th, 2020
- Company Named 'InductiveHealth Informatics' Wins Bid For Dept. Of Health Contact Tracing Contract; Cost Is $220040 For 1 Year - VI Consortium - September 12th, 2020
- AMZN: Buy the Dips in These 3 Internet Stocks - StockNews.com - September 12th, 2020
- Top 5 custom software development companies in the world - KnowTechie - September 12th, 2020
- Will the pandemic accelerate the move to public cloud? - DatacenterDynamics - September 12th, 2020
- Southeast Asia Web Hosting Services Market 2025 In-depth Coverage and Various Important Aspects of COVID 19 Outbreak Impact: Amazon Web Services, AT... - September 12th, 2020
- Professional Services Automation Market Snapshot Analysis and Increasing Global Growth Demand by Forecast To 2025 - StartupNG - September 12th, 2020